An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 22 February 2013

Well that's pretty good... [2014]

Well I thought we would do well but I wasn't expecting a start quite like this.



Promising performances in the cup and then a blitz in the first five league games. It's not just the scorelines that look good either, the team are actually playing some football.



So the cup...we're out of it which is sad. But we beat a team in the 1st division and held a top flight side to a draw...and we finished 2nd. Pretty good all in all and a nice little warm up before the start of the season. Having to enter such a tough group stages means we won't be winning the cup for some time but it's a good, relatively pressure free, way of putting the squad through its paces.

And in the league? 19 goals scores in 5 games...and 3 conceded. I don't think it'll stay that way. I think the average goals per game scored will go down, and conceded up, over the course of the season but if we don't drop too much then we're in for a entertaining time.

Felic has got straight in their with the goals. But also with some assists. And what is even more promising is that the goals have come from a range of players. At this point we're not over reliant on any one person to get the goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment