An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Saturday 23 February 2013

Well that was nice [2014]

If they keep it up I might have a new club to add to my list of favourites. There's something about 'Tuna City.

Despite the crash we beat poor IFK Eskilstuna 2-0. Though it took until the second half to complete it. In doing so we pretty much relegated them which wasn't very fun. I'd have liked them to stay up.

The next match was much more important. 2nd place Rynninge. If we beat them then it would put us 9 points clear with only 9 more points to play for. I was pretty cautious though as they were one of the two teams to actually beat us this season.





So how did it go? I went out playing control football and for the first 30 minutes they were all over us. Shots rained in and the frame of the goal saved us several times. We managed to attack but they blocked every decent shot we had. I decided to make a change. Normally I don't do anything until half time unless we're being hammered but I couldn't see the continued pressure going well. They were going all out and attacking anyway so I switched to counter in the hopes that if we caught them on the break we'd produce better chances and actually put something away. Did it work?



Sort of. We played better but the first goal came from a set piece and the final goal came in extra time from a mistake. I didn't matter though we'd won and it put us in a position where we only needed 1 point from 3 games to seal the title (assuming Rynnige won all 3 of their games).

Who did we have to play? Already relegated Arameisk-Syrianska, not yet safe Varmbol and top half Konyaspor.

So perhaps not the most tension filled run in. We didn't actually beat Arameisk though. They held us to a draw. Not very impressive for us but it was enough. We then drew with Varmbol and beat Konyaspor to finish with a (currently) record breaking 48 points (My post about the first half of the season was right - we did drop more points).

You can see the dropped points here and there. Also the score lines at times got a bit tighter, we conceded more. I put this down to the change in style by other teams and the injuries we had. We pretty much had two or three players in the physio's room at any one time. This isn't too high but they were always first teamers and it sort of rotated so my defence for example never really settled.Also for most of the 2nd half of the season I didn't have an out and out AML playing (excuses, excuses).



But...we had the title! Promotion! And although our form did waver it bit our hold on 1st place didn't much. I don't want to brag but...



Things were slotting into place and the pessimist in me had to acknowledge that the title and promotion at least meant I should be able to get jobs in the bottom tier of Sweden if everything went wrong elsewhere.

Some of the players also seemed happy.

Oh thanks...
I'm a fan of yours too Felic

All but Molder


Two out of three dedicating it to me.


Not sure what I've done to Max Molder though....I'll keep an eye on him...

Next up a bit of end of season analysis of the below...




No comments:

Post a Comment