An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Half Full [2015]

At the half way point in the season the glass is very much half full for 'Tuna. We're riding relatively high, far beyond what was predicted by the media/board at the start of the season. Promotion doesn't look impossible at this point. I think the top 4 could shift around quite a bit between now and the end of the season but I think we've got a good chance of keeping pace.



1st place is perhaps a little misleading. Not wanting to be all negative but survival is key still. That's goal number one and with 25 points we're not that far away from the 30 point target.

The have been playing pretty well despite being unsettled by injuries. We're definitely over reliant on Felic at the moment and that shows a bit in the matches we've lost. When he's not played well (i.e. had a game where he somehow doesn't know where the goal is) we've struggled and dropped points.



We've also had a few decisions go against us. Or I've thought they've gone against us. I've served a one match ban for complaining. We had a run of three games with three penalties and I moaned about them all.

So how are they shaping up?



 Generally speaking the pass completion is where I want it to be. DC's Manns and Sundberg aren't great but I think this is where a trade off comes in. Manns in particular runs with the ball out of defence really well and when he loses it it tends to be further up the pitch. As such it's a little less dangerous. Quite often though his runs actually produce quite a bit of danger - he links up with Molder and Abohwo, and they swap places and overlap really well. So long as that keeps happening I'm willing to put up with 69% for completion.

Celsing isn't doing too well pass completion wise and that's hitting his assists. If he ever gets a good run without an injury then that might change.

Goal wise after Felic they are spread amongst the midfield a bit. We're not as prolific as last season, not even close. I'm really torn about what to do. If I could get another striker in then I would but I'm not convinced about the quality of the ones I can actually recruit. Magnusson is still on free and still won't discuss terms with me. Everyone else looks like they might be okay but at the end of the season, when our rep increases a bit, we might have much better choice.

At the moment I'm leaning towards letter Berner and Muqdisi be my back ups for the Treq position and see if I can muddle along.

Defence wise we're not leaking too many. Largely down to Bergh...



Well actually we are shipping quite a few but it could be worse.

Also, in other new I got my first job offer.


Not really tempted by Eastleigh or the Blue Square South  The budget is twice ours but they're over it and...I'm having fun here. Doesn't really make sense to move from a....promotion chasing...team to a middle of the road team (sorry Eastleigh). Career wise it doesn't make sense.






No comments:

Post a Comment