An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 22 February 2013

Five games to go [2014]

For a bit of symmetry here's the table with 5 games to go...


 Still top but the gap isn't as big as I'd like between myself and 2nd. Form has dipped in the second part of the season.


There have been some key injuries. Like Celsing, Wikstrom and Sundberg being out but it's not good enough really. Which on reflection seems a little harsh considering we're still top. It is my fault though...I've been sticking to counter attacking when I should have been mixing it up a bit more. I could see it plainly in the Arkopolis game. We were 3-0 down by half time. I switched to control and we dominated and were unlucky to lose it in the end. 

I'd not mentioned before but we have an interesting derby game this season. Well two I guess. IFK Eskilstuna got promoted from the non-playable league. They share the stadium with us. All the Eskilstuna based teams do. Which makes for an interesting fixture - we drew 'away' with them, 2-2. The 'home' leg is next.

Any other news...only a take over.


Aaaaannnd...it's done
No money to be invested but I'm fine with that. Our bank balance is fine (~£190k) and is projected to be okay by the end of the season (£182k). Nothing quite like a bit of fiscal responsibility.

The transfer window opened and I did see if I could tempt any more players but until we get promoted (if we get promoted) I don't think we'll tempt many players that will actually improve the squad. Instead I just spent some time scouting for players out of contract that might be interested...once they get sick of being unemployed. I will wait until they are at their lowest ebb and vulnerable and then strike.

[As I was writing this I had the derby game playing in the background...we went 2 goals up and then FM13 crashed. 

I saved a few days before hand but it means the table is actually slightly different to the above. Just as importantly the takeover went ahead but instead of Andresson taking over a Daniel Arifi did. Same result though. No investment.]

No comments:

Post a Comment