An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Saturday 23 February 2013

Not exactly filled with optimism [2015]

Well I did say I thought the team was strong. I just needed to add some depth, blah blah blah.

With the title and promotion I thought I might be able to tempt a few more players to the team. I have scouted and had a list full of great looking players (for this level) that I though might be swayed with a bit of cash (plus a lengthy spell without a job). That didn't really happen though. No one seems convinced that we'll be here to stay and so my recruiting has been a bit...odd.

I almost got this guy but of course I was beaten to him.



Instead I brought these players in.



Spending more than I ever really wanted too.

Gregorcik
Long term investment at the back perhaps. Scouts and coaches thought he'd be a great investment, Swedish 1st Division Elite supposedly. I'm not as convinced but he should at least be good cover.

Claesson
Scouts didn't think as much of him but I thought the physical and mental stats would mean he'd also be good cover.

Ekholm
And yet more cover. I don't see him challenging Molder or Manns directly but with injuries having someone who can slot into that wingback role (sort of) would allow me to juggle the rest of the back line.

Muqisi
Spent far more than I should for a player of his years or attribute but he could cover the AP role and maybe the Treq in a similar style to Felic (again sort of).

Abohwo
I'm in two minds over him which is worrying considering the wage I had to offer to get him. He's not an AML but it means I can shift Cirak over to AML at a pinch. I think he'll be okay on the wing with a tendency to cut inside. I can always play him upfront as well.

I've not mentioned Redzic as he is just a youth player to act as cover. At least he, at £6 a week, isn't going to break the bank.

Despite the above players though (or in part because of) I'm not feeling very confident. Adding to that is the fact that Celsing, Berner, and Cirak have all gotten injured in the pre-season. The shortest time out is 6 weeks, the longest 3 months. They'll all be back at various points but that means at some point they'll be missing, and when they are back they'll have to get back to match fitness. Also means the team will start of pretty - very little cover. So I'll be calling up a couple of youth players to fill some gaps.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment