An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Thursday 21 February 2013

The Game

Set up

When I play career games I like to move about a bit and I also like the opportunity to build a legacy. Which means I tend to load quite a few leagues, but with some being quite small or low rep so I can dynasty build there.

So I loaded the following:

England (Down to BSN/S)
France (Down to National)
Gemany (Down to 3rd Division)
Italy (Down to Serie C1)
N. Ireland (Down to 2nd Division)
Scotland (Down to 3rd Division)
Spain (Down to LIGA adelante)
Sweden (Down to 2nd Division)
Wales (Premiership)

I thought this would give me a good balance. Italy and Spain I might extend if I need to or am tempted. Along the same lines I might in the future add Portugal.

Sweden I included because in FM12 I had a fantastic time taking newly promoted Friska Vijor to the top. Wales and N.Ireland for similar reasons - in past versions I've managed to get some success and build a bit of a legacy at times.

Scotland I included because of a game I had all the way back in FM05. I took St.Johnstone took the SPL, broke the Old Firm hold on the title and established St.Johnstone as Scottish giants. In the process I bought and developed my favourite ever player: Rodrigo de la Vega. I think they were a face in the game new gen but they were fantastic. They were a Mexican flying winger/forward and ever since that version of the game (the save was lost in a laptop explosion :(  ) I always name my manager after him. I like to think he survived the hard drive disaster of 2006 and went into management.

Which brings me neatly on to...

Manager

Mr Rodrigo de la Vega. A Mexican/Irish manager of 26 years of age. Born, aptly, on the 5th of May. I've set him as having sunday league experience only and he will start unemployed. I'll then see what sort of offers come in for him.



Aims

Generally I just want to be successful. If I can build a legacy I would love to. Because of previous experiences there are some teams I would like to manage if I can (or be more favourable towards).

St. Johnstone - Goes without saying
Friska Vijor - FM12 success
Braga - FM12 success
Napoli - FM09 success
Souchaux - FM10 success
P.S.N.I. - FM13 mini success. I managed to get them to the NIP and win a couple of trophies before foolishly moving on!

I don't feel that I have to take any of the above jobs if they came up but if they did I'd love to try and repeat history


Right, time to begin!

 << Just as a general note as I'm writing this I'm 2 seasons ahead of myself. So some of the following posts will be lighter on detail as I'm looking back. The urge to blog this career came late! Later posts that are more up to date will have more detail in though. >>


No comments:

Post a Comment