An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Thursday 21 February 2013

The 3 Games [2013]

So tactics were sorted and there was no point in trying to recruit new players for this. It was just down to how we performed in the final 3 games of the season (more if we slipt into the relegation playoff).

We had midtable Nykopings BIS away, midtable Roterbro at home and the finally bottom of the table Farsta away. Not impossible games but stacked against us at this point in the season.

Vs Nykopings

The first half was tense. We had possession and the lion's share of the chances but nothing got converted. We were on top of them but only on for a point. The tactic did seem to be doing the job but it was getting worrying. No matter how well we were player at 0-0 a freak goal would be enough to rob us of anything.

It remained tense in the second half until the 67th minute. My right winger Cirak latch onto a ball nodded down by the striker (Robic) and lashed it into the corner. Just over 5 minutes later another Cirak, my AP in MC, charged forwards and placed a shot in the corner from just outside the area.

Final Score: Nykopings 0 - 2 'Tuna City

Vs Rotebro

We were buzzing with confidence, and I could see it in the way the team was playing. They produced some fantastic moves. We went behind but just before half time Anton Hansen...a defender...popped up at the post and nodded in from a corner.

The second half was a full on battle and it looked like we were just going to come away with the point. That was a but too optimisitc. Rotebro caused the home fans some anguish and scored with only minutes left.

Final Score: 'Tuna City 1 - 2 Rotebro


So, a win and a loss. That left us in 9th place. Above the relegation playoff zone (and Akropolis) by two points. A win would gain us survival no matter what. A draw might be good enough depending on results elsewhere and likewise a loss might be okay so long as Akropolis below us didn't win.

Vs Fastra

They were bottom of the table and already relegated. This should have been easy*...

The first half remained goalless. Which is not what we wanted. The team battered them but they held on. Bad news filtered across the stadium as fans discovered Akropolis were winning 1-0. At this point we were safe but only on goal difference. If we lost we would go into the playoff place...if Akropolis scored a couple more we would likewise drop down a place.

5 minutes into the second half we were award a dubious penalty. When I say dubious I mean my player dived. It was blatant and I frankly didn't care. We put the penalty away to go a goal up. Now we had our 2 point cushion back, and in fact had climbed another place to put even more distance between us and relegation.

We finally sealed it in the 3rd minute of injury time. A tap in gave us a 2-0 win.

Final Score: Fastra 0 - 2 'Tuna City


We did it! And what's more we did it well. The team looked like they were playing really good football. They feel like a good team. A team to build with and do well.





Season Analysis

Well this is based on 3 games really but the team played well. The players are much better than the 8th place we finally achieved. I didn't foresee a great need for wholesale changes.

What we did need....was a striker. Sounds a bit familiar but the striker we had relied on was already off before I joined. He had signed a contract. The rest of the team was safe and staying put though so I only really wanted to focus on bringing in a couple of strikers.

The rest of the team could be generally improved if the right player came up.



*And it was I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment