An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Monday 25 February 2013

Above expectations [2015]

We're still playing well above expectations. Which could mean a couple of things I guess.

1) We're awesome and this is going to be a fantastic season.

2) When we crash and burn it's going to hurt even more because of this false dawn.

Who's knows. With 5 games to go we're a healthy 2nd place with 38 points. I don't think we have to fear relegation at this point. Promotion is what we're looking at. The title isn't out of reach and there's always the play off place.






A few blips here and there but our recent form is okay (ish). The worrying thing is in the past 3 games we only have  4 out of 9 points. If that continues then who knows what will happen. It's still quite tight at the top.


Of the 5 games left I would consider Degerfors, Karlstad BK and Vasteras SK to be tricky games.

What makes it more difficult is that Bergh is out injured for 8 weeks. I've managed to track a replacement but I don't know yet whether he'll be any good.


The attributes are promising for this level (at a glance he might be considered better than Bergh) but keepers are always tricky. They are the position I hate recruiting for the most because it is so easy to get it wrong. It's very hard to judge as well (I find) whether a keeper is playing poorly or has been let down by the defence. It's a bad point in the season to be recruiting for such a key position but none of the pre-season options gave us a 2nd look.

There's another recruit as well whilst I remember, from the youth intake. Ludvig...


Again for this level, a club with these facilities he looks like a good youth prospect. With some targeted training and a good tutor I think he'll excel. Maybe not top flight quality but perhaps 2nd tier.

This is where I struggle to understand the complaints people have on forums sometimes about youth prospects. Even though the two players I've put up from my last two youth intakes aren't superstars I have to admit they are fantastic prospects for this level. I think sometimes FM players need to adjust their expectations; how many world beaters come through every year at a top flight academy?

Additionally I think every youth signing has to be looked at realistically. They are a youth player - they need work and training. They need to be nurtured. They shouldn't even be close to the finished article at 15-18.

Anyway back to the final five...

No comments:

Post a Comment