An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Thursday 21 February 2013

Okay Oskarshamn [2012]

Don't worry, I'll eventually tire of the alliteration in the titles.

We had an okay season. Bit of an anti-climax considering they were positioned to challenge for promotion but I managed to work my mediorce magic and we finished in 4th.




In my defence I could point to an injury to my one decent striker forcing me into a bit of a rethink tactically. As a result when at home I stuck with my original tactic and placed my next best player there. Away from home I went for a strikerless spoiler of a tactic. I still had my Treq but I pulled him back to the AMC position. Everything became more compacted about about keeping position.

I had tried to bring in a replacement striker but Oskarshamn as a location didn't have a lot of pulling power. I think it has a nuclear power plant nearby but I'm not sure that's what draws footballers to an area.

As a result form was hit and miss and we did slumped.


Still 4th was a record high for the club. They had still punched well above their weight and in theory it was a good platform to build on....



Season Analysis

These will become more and more detailed with time but for Oskarshamn the analysis was fairly easy. We needed a better strike force. We needed more depth. We needed players and agents to actually take our calls.

If we hadn't been in a situation where we had to rely on one striker to get the goals we could have done so much better. Anton Henningsson scored 26 goals in 22 games. We scored 50 goals total that season. That one player bagged over 50% of the goals. Most of the rest were shared between the players in the AMC role.

At the the side of the pitch there seemed to be some problems too. We had a lot of high scoring games as you can see from the fixture list. If we had tightened the defence just a little, conceded one or two fewer goals then we would have been much higher. Defenders were on the agenda too but in a general way. The defenders I had were okay, none were terrible, but none of them were great either. They could be gradually strengthened.

So the plan was to get a striker, ideally Henningsson, and then strengthen generally. I didn't want to make any wholesale changes. A bit of stability would be grand at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment