An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Thursday 20 June 2013

Steady as she goes: Consistency for Vasteras [2027]

I had been a bit doom and gloom before with the sale of Wallgren but it seemed a little premature. Despite losing his goals the rest of the team stepped up. I don't think anyone took over directly but the extra goals got spread around. We weren't quite making up for the loss but our goal difference improved as the defence tightened up a little - so overall there was an improvement.

4th wasn't bad at this stage.



A potential hiccup arose though. Posing the same question as before. Would we push for promotion or become a selling club? Bids came in from all over for Alexandersson. I was hoping we could sell and still push for promotion.



I managed to offload him for £250k and another 30% sell on. The money got reinvested fast. First of all the board agreed to improve the youth facilities for £350k and then I brought in three players.





Jijdso and Niscosia for the AMC and ST role - young and promising but pricey. Holmberg was proven at the leve below, and whilst not cheap would hopefully shore things up front whilsts we got on without Alexandersson.

The sale demonstrated something a little worrying as well. Qviding had £250k to waste on a single player. They were in the same division and much lower. Mid-table Elite mediocrity was their standard at the moment yet they had much more financial muscle then we could hope to have at this stage. We were very much minnows.

No comments:

Post a Comment