An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 21 June 2013

False Start [2028]

Well I gave it a go but my heart wasn't in it. After 7 games in the premiership with Vasteras, despite being in a healthy 13th place, I decided to resign.


Things weren't bad but I wasn't enjoying it. To be fair this was my 12th or 13th season in Sweden so a change of scenery was probably about due.  I was also struggling with the fact that we had become a default selling club but the players weren't raising much even by Swedish standards, and there was little to reinvest it in. The facility upgrades cost too much and players just weren't interested, even those from lower down (not without a big price tag).

So I left. Head held reasonably high. Two promotions with Vasteras. All the way from the 3rd tier to the 1st on a shoestring. It had been fun, but it was time to go.

Where next?

Well I'd like a bigger club in a bigger league. Ideally a club without a great deal of history (silverware wise) or a league where there was a monopoly on the title that hadn't been broken for some time. I wanted the difficult balance of potential for building yet a size that meant I wouldn't be a complete minnow. Which league or country I didn't really mind.

At this point I had leagues loaded in England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Portugal and Holland. Some only the top flight but there was plenty of places to go. I also didn't mind revisting somewhere I'd been before.

Career Recap

I would just put up the club history from the manager profile but it is horribly broken, and one of the few things in FM13 that really disappoints me. For someone playing a long career a working club history screen would be fantastic.

So I've broke it down into some key information. I think I'm at that the definite journeyman stage. Several clubs, some limited success. Silverware is silverware though.

Clubs Managed: 8

Oskarshamn
Eskilstuna City
Leeds
Aberdeen
Houstan Dynamo
Boavista
Degerfors
Vasteras SK

Countries Managed: 2

Republic of Ireland u19's (and 1 Republic of Ireland Senior game as caretaker!)
Morocco

Countries Managed In: 7

Sweden
England
Scotland
USA
Portugal
Ireland
Morocco

Silverware: 5

Swedish Second Division SS Title
Swedish First Division North Title (X2)
Scottish First Division Title
Scottish Challenge Cup


No comments:

Post a Comment