An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 7 June 2013

Punching Above Our Weight [2026]

Season preparation was pretty light so I might as well cover it and the halfway stage in one go!


Season Start

As I was pretty happy with the squad I only ended up bringing in two players. A keeper and a youth right back.



Haginge was from my former team Degerfors. I'd raided them before and usually for a player who had been 1st team for me. Hanginge hadn't been. He had been a back up keeper but he was the best I could find who was willing to join and from his stats he looked like I might have underestimated him whilst at Degerfors. I don't think he was at the time as strong as my 1st choice keeper but he looked to have some potential.

The plan was to ease him gently into first team football and if he was reliable, phase Carl out.



Oldinger was maybe a prospect for the future. He was free so worth a go.


Halfway Through

A slightly longer season than we had been previously used to with 30 games in total. After 15 we looked in really good shape. As the title suggests we were punching well above our weight and pretty much matching the teams that had been expected to trounce us.



7th place was pretty impressive, as were the scalps we had taken and the manner in which we had done so. These weren't lucky results.



Importantly it meant we were getting closer to to a points tally that would guarantee us safety. I'd set 45 as the target. 40 had been enough in most previous seasons but 45 would hopefully mean not having to worry about a relegation play off.


Player performances were good...




...and though it might have been a little premature I wasn't that worried about relegation. We definitely seemed stronger than a lot of clubs and the team were playing well. At this point I felt it would have taken an insane collapse for us to drop into serious danger. I was actually starting to entertain thoughts of a sneaky promotion instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment