An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 7 June 2013

According to the prophecy... [2025]

At the end of last season after finishing well but not quite making the promotion places I mentioned an odd fact - every time a team of mine has finished 3rd in the Swedish First Division North it has won the title and promotion the next season. I did it with 'Tuna City, Degefors managed it without me in the second season and now....now I can add Vasteras SK to the list.



It was really tight and came down to the last game of the season to confirm it. Form and fixture wise I was in 1st place for the last few games but Brage pushed all the way. I didn't make it easy after some patchy performances at the tail end of the season but a draw on the final day to Sandvikens was enough. Our goal difference saw us through.




The squad pulled together pretty well and it was difficult to pick just one stand out player.





Hammnskog was ever present and picked up 9 assists. He bossed most of the games he was in.


Yilmaz had a similar impact in defense and chipped in with 8 goals, mainly from set pieces. He was in control though at the back and we looked much better with him playing. He gradually pushed Ozgen out of the starting 11.


A surprise player was Erik Johansson. He had been my striker last season and with the competition up front I didn't expect him to get much playing time. I had started training him as an AMC though so when injuries forced me to play him early on in the season he took his chance. He ended up with an impressive 8 assists and 4 goals from playing just behind the striker.



Broberg and Wallgren did well in rotation with each other. Neither reached the heights of last season but it was nice to know that regardless of who started I still had a threat on the bench to play.

Next Season

As we played so well, and took a few top flight scalps in the cup, I'm feeling pretty confident. The squad is settled and most of the players are developing. A benefit of having so many young players now is that I don't have to rush to replace any retiring team members.

The area I definitely need to improve on is the Keeper. I said that last year and had to revert back to Carl in net. He did well enough but he looks shaky in the match engine. I either need a direct replacement or a player who can understudy for a season and then replace him. I don't think Carl has many more seasons left in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment