An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Thursday 20 June 2013

Promotion Push or Selling Club? [2027]

We had just missed out on promotion the season before so now we had to build and push on. Automatic promotion would have been nice but still a bit of an ask with the players available. That said we had 'the prophecy' behind us. Finishing 3rd normally resulted in the title the season after. Admittedly at the level below but maybe it would apply here?

I had hoped that the high finish would boost our rep, and it had, but not to the point of attracting better players. As a club despite the rise our rep was still lower than some teams in the divisions below. It would be a case of recruiting naive youth I think.

My worries from the end of the season were further confirmed when bids for Wallgren and Alexandersson came in. I managed to dodge the Alexandersson ones for the moment as they were too low but when a £250k bid came in for Wallgren I started to cave. I managed to negotiate it up to £300k with a 30% sell on but it was still a big loss.



The money helped though and the club accountant seemed happier. Even after I got the board to improve youth recruitment to excellent. I reinvested a little in some young players as well (though only around 20k total).





Draskic came in as a long term replacement on the left. Hopefully he'd fit in well.


Rubarth was there to compete with Broberg and now Alexandersson for the ST role.


Bjorklund gave us a bit more cover in midfield and looked very promising.


So...on with the season. How well we do depends on if we can replace the goals of Wallgren I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment