An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 21 June 2013

Prophecy Lite? [2027]

With 5 games to go the title seemed unlikely, although not impossible. We were in the fight for automatic promotion or a playoff just like last season though. So in a way we seemed to be potentially fulfilling a 'lite' version of the prophecy - 3rd place finishes leading to some sort of success the season after.



Our form at the end wasn't anything special but we held onto 3rd place to grab a playoff spot for the 2nd season running. At this point I should be pleased. We had performed above expectations, well above, two seasons running considering we had one of the lowest reps and smallest budgets in the league. All this alongside having to sell our two best players. But honestly I was just nervous. Losing in the playoffs would crush me.



This season we had Brage, who had gone up last year. Probably the best opponents we could get from our point of view.

Playoffs






Two goals and a clean sheet put us in a commanding position against a team that looked ordinary. We then followed it up with a 1-1 draw away. They went ahead and we didn't equalise until the 89th minute through Broberg, again, so it looked a little dodgy at times.

But that was it we had been promoted to the Swedish top flight!




In the process I managed to get the Manager of the Year award too. Not bad, not bad at all.




End of Season Review

We had definitely punched above our weight. The team pulled together well though despite the loss of key players. The new players in didn't quite fill the gap but it was enough.



I'll be honest I don't have a great deal of confidence for next year. We've done well against top flight sides in the cup, or even relegated sides but the squad is small, young and doesn't have very many players that I would consider top flight. They are all very replaceable players (Sorry Wallinder!) but the problem for me (not for them) is I doubt I can bring many decent replacements in. Our rep is lagging behind us, we're not very rich and the players that are interested have inflated prices.

I'll do what I can and see how we performed. But I think relegation straight back down is on the cards, and I'm not attached enough to the club for that. I'll be keeping an eye out for opportunities elsewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment