An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Friday 26 July 2013

Would everyone please stop getting injured? [2032/33]

A slightly shorter post as most of the transfers were covered in the last one! Basically I was feeling fairly happy when I started the season. I'd reinforced the team, sent young players out on loan and set up tutoring and training for my stars.

I was a little unhappy initially as we found that we'd missed out on the champions league by a year. Next season 2nd place would earn a berth in the playoffs. It just meant there was more to play for this season.

Europa League

So we were in Europe! Not for very long though. We drew Trnava in the 3rd qualifying round and breezed past them but then came up against the stronger AZ side. They beat us twice but I was left fuming. We outplayed them in both legs but didn't finish it off.



We dropped out of Europe and sudden our financial forecast looked a little lighter.

SPL

We started fairly well but we hit a bit of a hiccup. Last season we had done really well against the big sides like Celtic but we just couldn't take points of them this time, and we dropped points against Rangers as well.




We were still in a good position but I already felt like Celtic were getting away.


We might have been able to take points off them if the team had been fit and ready but we've had some terrible luck injury wise. My dream midfield of Magill, Snodden and Kearney only managed about four games before Snodden and Magill got injured for several weeks. The Simpson got injured too. They gradually came back but they're not fit...and Magill picked up another injury! Every time the team settles and clicks someone keels over.



One player who doesn't seem to care who's playing around him though is Dalziel. He's bagged 21 goals in 22 games so far. He's 32 and he's terrorising defences. He's approaching his 50th goal in two seasons (or a season and a half I guess).

Transfers

I had a lot of players on my shortlist that I was following but I wasn't in a rush to buy them...until other clubs started coming in for them. I didn't want to lose out so they forced my hand I went in for two players, Gillan and Ferguson.

 I'd been unsettling Ferguson at Hamilton for some time but considering I'd already poached Simpson from them they held firm a little longer. I think he'll be a good left back in the future and I can rotate him with Lowry.


Gillan from...yes, Linfield. Soon they wouldn't have a single player left. A little older than I'd like for the money spent (£500k) but the scouts raved about him, he fits in with the other N.Irish players and I need to think about replacing Dalziel at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment