An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Recruitment drive and top of the table dreams [2029/30]

The end of last season had drilled the message home. Depth is key. I didn't want to be victim to another injury crisis and I wanted some cover/competition for my wingbacks so they wouldn't burn out half way through the season. Most of the team I was quite happy with. Which was fortunate as my ever increasing wage budget didn't give me much room for any big signings.

I managed to bring in 3 wingbacks/fullbacks.




I wasn't expecting them to compete for a 1st team place straight away but they could cover injuries, come on as subs in the last 20-30mins and take on any unimportant cup games.

I also brought in



Di Cencio was probably the big signing and he'd help shore up the midfield, especially with me playing 3 there now. Ponce and Miron were more for the future and Ponce immediately went out on loan to OFI, another Cretian team that had just been promoted to the superleague. I know I shouldn't be helping potential rivals but apparently in real life when OFI had been struggling their rivals helped them out with a few cheap loans so I thought I'd follow suit. Plus Ponce might develop more with top flight experience.

So, although the signings weren't superstars I went into the season feeling fairly confident.

2029/30

We hit the ground running and the points started to pile up. The league became a little tighter with Panathanaikos under performing and we took advantage of it. After 17 games we were in 2nd place with 30 points. 9 off 1st but we were in the right kind of form. Importantly we were above other Cretian rivals, Ergotelis and OFI as well.







There was a blip in the cup when we went out to Droxa but the league was the priority at this point. How well we were doing was something of a team effort but Fengqi was really standing out.






He was on fire and continued his form for the Chinese U23's.

The only disappointing news at this stage at the season was in regards to Ponce and  de los Riscos. Ponce hardly played at OFI so I brought him back, and de los Riscos got a severe viral infection and would miss the season. The entire season.

It means I have to try and get rid of him I think. His stats have declined, he might not even be fit for next season and because of all the wage add ons and clauses he is now earning £10k a week to be sick. He takes up almost a fifth of the wage budget and I'm getting nothing. Not his fault but I can't afford to keep him.

I was doing alright without him though. Bring on the 2nd half of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment