An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Can I appeal to get league sorting rules changed? [2029/30]

Well can I?

Actually I should probably pay more attention to the rules so I can avoid any surprises. Or better yet I should concentrate on squeezing out more points from the fixture list so sorting rules don't matter.

Predictably our form dropped off a little. In part due to Fengqi's jaunt with the Chinese U23's. They made it all the way to final on the back of his goals but then lost. So basically he was out for the longest period of time he could be but only brought back a runner's up medal.

Villia stepped into his place and we occasionally went to one up front if need be but it took it's toll.




The key bit is that dip in the form graph on the last day of the season. We went from qualifying for the European playoff stage to just 6th place in that final game. At the time I wasn't worried because I thought our impressive goal difference (+21!) would see us through. When actually what happened was results between teams were used instead and PAOK snuck ahead of us. Bugger.

That wasn't the only bad news either. When Fengqi came back we fell out. I think I had the two longest manager/player chats I've ever had on the game. He told me he wanted to leave, and I told him we could match his ambitions, by qualifying for Europe next year. He said it wasn't enough and from there we just shouted at each other.

Fengqi then asked for a transfer, I listed him but put his value at £5m. I thought that was fair and he disagreed. He wanted another chat but this time to complain about what he though was a prohibitive price tage. Nice touch from SI to get around the old favourite of slapping on a stupid price to scare teams away but I did think 5m was about fair for him. And if a bid comes in, close to that I think I'll have to take it. The club isn't doing well financially.







There was a little bit of good news though. Greek midfielder Thoniatis got his first cap!


End of Season Review

So we got more points than last season, finished better than before but still missed out on Europe. Next season we have to cement our place so we don't slip out right at the end. I'm not sure squad wise what we need for that. I don't think we're desperate for a player in any particular position. It mightjust be a case of letting the players I have develop and only going in for a great youth prospect or a player that definitely looks like improving the first team.

Not that I'll be doing much unless I sort the finances out. I might have to tout Fengqi around, and I need to get rid of Riscos.

Generally the team was good though.


A few stand out performers though.

Upfront:





As much of a child as he was we owed a lot to Fengqi. Flanagan was settling in well though I need to sort his training out. Villia was stepping up and maturing nicely.

Elsewhere:






Helmer and Thoniatis, rocks in defense and midfield respectively. They both chipped in with goals and when they were out or tired I could feel the knock on effect throughout the team. The backline became weaker and less organised and the engine in midfield seemed to drop off (though Tavima took up slack).

There are teams sniffing around both of them. I might be forced to sell because of finances but unless I can replace them we would struggle.

The plan for next season?

Ideally more of the same with a few extra wins to push us into Europe. We don't need to rebuild at the moment but there might be some movement if players have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment