An FM13 Blog

A football manager blog full of hopeless optimism (at least initially). I started a blog for a previous FM13 career but that fell firmly flat on its face.

After reaching 2033 it became clear depsite some small success my managerial career was dead in the water. So I started afresh with this current career and blog. After a fun though low key FM13 save I'm now moving onto my FM14 save!

I'm hoping I'll have gotten the worst of my mistakes out of my system and as I'm not going to be updating the blog story style hopefully it will be easier to update.

Sunday 26 May 2013

Slow Start [2024]

We had a bit of a slow start. Points dropped here and there.




We were still on target, above it even. The board's and media's that is. I was content but not blown away by our league position. Mainly because I knew we could and should do better. From watching the game we were putting together some really good moves. We were outplaying a lot of teams. We just stuttered a lot. Partly because we were still getting used to the tactics, and partly because of bans and injuries. The midfield ended up rotating quite a bit.



As you can see the goals weren't coming from the striker much either. But that was something that could be improved next season, or by rotating the strikers until one of them actually started doing the job. That said so long as someone was scoring I wouldn't care too much. If the striker was bringing in the midfield and they were putting them in that would do me.

On the transfer front there was a little bit of activity as I brought in this fellow...



Who I had brought in at, you guessed it, Degerfors. He had experience at this level and at playing the tactic. And I needed a little more cover in midfield. He cost a full £500. Big money.

From the squad overview you might be able to see that I was training a lot of PPM's. I've been trying to shape the way my players...well play. For this tactic I need clever passing and clever movement, or clever dribbling at the very least. I've tried to shape some of the players so they do that...killer balls, dictating temp, one two's etc.



Grudge Match Part 1: 'The Why Did You Sack Me' Derby Game

We were at home and it was one of the final games of the the first 'half' of the fixture list.



The score line was kind...to them. We completely controlled the match and made them look ordinary. At this point they were topping the table and in a good run of form but we put a stop to it. I was very proud of the team. We did it on a fraction of the wage and transfer budget, and my replacement paid for dismantling my team.

Without giving the game away too much the loss also put a dent in their confidence and Degerfors started to drop points...

Even if they went up, or finished ahead of us, at least I'd won this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment